“ The completion of this project brings to fruition a key objective of amalgamating the Commissioners of Irish Light’s operations on a single site in a modern, purpose built, headquarters and engineering maintenance facility. It is a historic development for the Commissioners of Irish Lights as it continues its service delivery to the mariner in the 21st century from a state-of-the-art facility in Dun Laoghaire. The feedback from those working in the building and those visiting has been extremely positive. ”
“ It is truly a most elegant building, beautifully designed. If ever ‘form followed function’ this is it! But even more, the quality of the detail design and the superb finish, particularly the concrete, are of a very high standard. ”
Ruairí Quinn, TD
“ ....the project from the point of view of UCD has been an unequivocal successboth in its design, execution and in-use performance. Architecturally it is accepted that the building has made a landmark addition to our campus. ”
J. Brennan, Buildings Officer, UCD
The origins of Scott Tallon Walker date back to 1928 when Michael Scott founded the original architectural practice with Norman D Good. During this period the firm developed a sterling reputation for its excellent design approach to healthcare, major projects at the time included Tullamore Hospital and St. Ultan’s Hospital. The Pavilion Building (1939) was also designed by the firm during this period for the World's Fair in New York.
Since 1928, people from all corners of the world, have found a creative home at 19 & 20 Merrion Square, Dublin and in our London, Galway and Cork offices. Working and designing, side by side, in the pursuit of architectural excellence, has forged many lifelong friendships. We acknowledge each and every one of the diverse alumni who contributed to our body of work.
In order to maintain this position, it is vital that policies and systems to support those policies are in place that allows staff to achieve the high standards expected of modern and sustainable building design.